The L class blimps were commercial airships built by Goodyear Aircraft Company for advertising purposes. They were requisitioned by the US Navy during World War II and were used as training airships and on limited coastal patrols off their base in Moffett Field in California.On August 16, 1942, the blimp designated as L-8 was on a routine anti-submarine patrol when the airbase lost contact with the crew. The airship was spotted by several witnesses as it went on and off a dense fog bank until finally drifting in from the Pacific Ocean and landing in the streets of Daly City -- without either of the crewmen on board. No trace of both men were ever found. Such was the NavyThe postage stamp die-cast metal, historical airplanes include aircraft from WWI to present. They are fully decorated with authentic details and come with a display stand. Wingspans are from 4 1/2" to 8".